Drafting applications and representing clients before the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg. We recognise the importance the Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms (European Convention of Human Rights). Therefore, our services include conducting applications and written pleadings to the ECtHR in Strasbourg either in Polish or in English.
Pursuing claims for payment on behalf of businesses against foreign debtors
International family law
We also handle maintenance claims within the European Union and manage family law cases cases, including those related to responsibility for children, prenuptial contracts, division of matrimonial assets, divorce and the Hague Convention.
Law on companies and partnerships
We have experience in registering UK companies and giving legal advice to companies established in the UK which have a branch or an agency in Poland. Our experience allows for rendering legal aid on behalf of entities with Polish and foreign capital.
- Drafting applications and representing clients before the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg. We recognise the importance the Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms (European Convention of Human Rights). Therefore, our services include conducting applications and written pleadings to the ECtHR in Strasbourg either in Polish or in English.
- Money claims within the European Union – we provide legal advice and assistance in pursuing claims in all EU Member States. We work with law firms in most EU jurisdictions.
- We also handle maintenance claims within the European Union and manage family law cases, including those related to responsibility for children, divorce and the Hague Convention.
- Competition law – we specialise in Polish and European Union competition law, including agreements, concerted practices and other restraints on competition.
- Commercial criminal law and criminal tax law – we offer legal services concerning commercial criminal law or criminal tax law, acting as either defence counsel or subsidiary prosecutor. We manage cross-border criminal cases, including matters concerning EU law.
- State aid law (the law of subsidies) – adwokat Łukasz Stępkowski concerns himself professionally and academically with State aid, which is also called ‘pomoc publiczna’ in Poland. Mr Stępkowski rendered legal services for entities granting aid (including de minimis aid), either at the levels of the entity granting aid, the intermediary, or aid beneficiaries. His Ph.D. thesis, titled ‘Procedural rights of an undertaking within the scope of EU law on State aid’ is being drafted under the auspices of the Chair of International and EU law within the Faculty of Law, Administration and Economics, University of Wrocław. Mr Stępkowski serves as an expert in the field of ‘State aid’ for Regional Operational Programmes 2014-2020 for Lower Silesian and West-
Pomeranian Voivodeships. Papers and notes in the field of State aid may be read in our ‘Blog’ section.
- Intellectual Property Law – radca prawny Konopacka’s previous professional experience in the Fashion sector (management positions in one of the largest
companies in the world – Inditex Group and in the Scandinavian company KappAhl) and her academic areas of interest (work in progress on a Ph.D. thesis titled ‘Fashion law in European Union regulations’ allows for ensuring legal aid in the field of claims related to illegal infringement of intellectual property law done by third parties, including cases related to e.g. using trademarks confusingly similar to registered marks, illegal use of patents, industrial designs and geographical indications, illegal use of trademarks on counterfeit products, infringement of rights to marks with commercial renown, product mimicking and unfair advertisement. Our office cooperates with an experienced patent attorney, and by virtue of that we provide assistance in registration of trade marks and applying for patents covered by protection either in one or more jurisdictions (EUIPO as to the latter). Articles penned in the field of Fashion law are available on our Blog section (www.fashionbylaw.eu).
- Pursuing claims for payment on behalf of businesses in the event of delayed payments (or lack thereof) by foreign debtors.
- Law of companies and partnerships – our experience allows for rendering legal aid on behalf of entities with Polish and foreign capital in the field of:
- setting up of companies, branches and agencies,
- concluding agreements between members and partners,
- disputes between members and partners,
- day-to-day corporate legal advice, including legal assistance for organs of companies and officers thereof,
- liquidation of entities engaged in commercial activity,
- representation of partners, members (and shareholders) during meeting of members and annual general meetings,
- representation of companies in proceedings for registration.
We have experience both in regard to registration of companies within the territory of the United Kingdom and in giving legal advice to organs of companies that are established in the UK or which have a branch or an agency within the territory of Poland. The partners represented clients in disputes between company members or between directors of companies and a given company.
- Employment law – we advise in the field of the law on employment, both in its Polish and EU aspects. We appear for our clients in court cases in the scope of employment law before courts of all instances within the territory of Poland. We also handle social security cases.
- Administrative law – we advise and represent in the field of administrative law, including the law on local government and the law on education.
In all above matters:
- we answer legal questions and draft legal opinions,
- represent clients in court proceedings – civil, criminal and for judicial review in administrative courts, or in administrative and proceedings,
- we draft demands for payment, agreements, reports, bylaws, resolutions, written pleadings and other documents in English,
- we conduct negotiations also in English,
- we draft settlements.
What benefits do Law and Legal offer you?
We offer our clients legal advice and representation in English at the highest professional standard of reliability timeliness and dependability.
We also have the advantage that our legal advice concerning cross border issues can be given without initially translating documents and forms because
we are able to deal with the matter using the source language – English. Meaning that our services are efficient and cost-effective.
Additionally, our diverse experience and qualifications allow us to represent the interests of foreign individual clients, entrepreneurs and corporate clients in Poland at every stage, including judicial procedure and proceedings. We offer legal advice and assistance in English at every step of negotiations,
closing settlements, opinions on contracts concluded in English regarding risk identification with Polish law.
We provide professional representation when dealing with overseas lawyers and public bodies. We also work in the UK with lawyers who can represent
clients at all relevant UK courts on cases concerning compensation, family law and commercial law.
We are available regardless of your place of residence or where your company is based. You can contact us personally by phone or e-mail at our office in Wrocław.
We would like to further assure you that we take our professional obligations and ethical guidelines very seriously and to this end treat every case and matter with the utmost discretion and confidentiality.
Comprehensive legal services
We offer comprehensive legal services for both natural persons and companies. We provide straightforward legal solutions to everyday situations as well as finding a suitable approach and direction for more factually and legally complex cases.
We offer our services as a single one-off legal consultation, on a case by case basis or as an agreed retainer fee specific to your requirements.
Your matter is our business
Every case we take on is extremely important to us and we believe passionately in fighting for your rights and looking after your best interest. Consequently, we are always searching for new solutions and more effective routes to secure the legal result you want